9.13.2010

Tolerance

Tolerance. Live and let live. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. These are all subjects I can wrap my my big dumb head around. Hypocrisy - something I can't.

It seems that the longer I'm on this lovely little rock, the more I see people shouting for tolerance while denying it to others. And I just... I just can't understand the ignorance.

All right, I get it, your different than me. Thats cool, and I understand that people might not always give you the proper respect as a minority... BUT I DO... and so do others. We're different and thats ok. It's what makes the world go round. I love boobs and you love the dude-gina, cool. I'm white and your black, that's just dandy. I'm christian and your muslim, awesome... just please don't scream Allah Akbar... I'm still a little jumpy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm cool with people screaming for tolerance and fighting for justice, it's something I believe America was founded on and something we could use a little more of.  Just make sure that during your crusade you aren't drowning someone else in intolerance.

4 comments:

  1. Found your blog through your wife's. And you are so right. Too right. Sadly right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I totally agree with you. I am not here to judge. Having said that...I could do without the "dude-gina" comment. I am, apparently, vocabulary intolerant! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well-written! bravo. also, I about rolled with the dude-gina, so... better to write what you are comfortable with than try to please the masses!

    ReplyDelete